Letter from our far-flung Transfer Correspondent


By Aaron Hudson

To all who shall see these present greetings…
Wait, rewind, this is not a military formation! But I will say that the transfer process required the same discipline that any military formation requires; a unified purpose, patience, stamina, and a strong will to complete a task started.

Hello all once again! This is your former classmate, Aaron J Hudson reporting to you on my experience as a LaGuardia alum who has completed the transfer to a four-year institution. I cannot speak for all who have taken this path to continue their education but Syracuse University has made this experience a pleasant one. Life here at the “Cuse” is what I always expected of the “campus feel.” The greenery, the architecture, the common areas, the frat parties, the diversity of students, and even the school spirit for a football team which, for the lack of better words….sucks!

I know it sounds like I paint a picture of nothing but the good side of the college life, but I can honestly say that I have not crossed the bad side yet. I will say this; the work does not stop at the transfer process. Once you arrive on campus, the work that is expected of you from your professors is overwhelming, and this is putting it lightly. Full time is 15 credits, not 12 credits like we LaGuardian’s are used to, professors are merciless when it comes to the workload they give, and most of all; you have all the time to do it. I say this last part with emphasis. You plan your schedule right, you can have a lot of free time available to you. If you are not used to the amount of freedom that you may get, you may misuse it. Again, this is not a bad thing; this is the adjustment phase you have to go through to get acclimated to your new environment.
Success is possible, the resources are abundant, and the opportunities are endless. There is no reason why any of us, me included, cannot take full advantage of what’s presented before us and show any four-year institution that LaGuardia produces individuals who are eager to gain the education needed to be successful in our lives.

So yeah, my transition to Syracuse University has been a positive one. And if my experience can influence one person to follow their dream of a continued education, then these words have found there mark.

I thank the Alpha Theta Phi Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa for giving me this opportunity to share my experience with you and hope that these words of inspiration are taken seriously.

Sincerely,
Aaron J Hudson

Comments

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Morality?

Art and Propaganda

How has technology affected conversation arts, journaling, and formal letter writing and why does it matter?