Pursuing your passion - PTK Regional Convention, Utica - March 6-8, 2015

By Edlyn Campoverde

Pursuing your passion

This past weekend I attended the 2015 PTK New York Regional Convention. On the first night of the conference Dr. Ron LaBuz who teaches at Mohawk Valley Community College for the past three decades spoke about his experience as a professor. That night what truly touched and meant a lot to me was when Dr. Ron LaBuz spoke about a student he once had. This student became suddenly saddened and in tears when asked by Dr. Ron LaBuz on what she truly wanted to do and become in her future. The student then confessed that she found true happiness when opening and dipping her fingers into a jar of clay. The student indeed had great talent in creating amazing art. For the student it wasn't an easy decision to make since her parents had wanted her to become a doctor. Needless to say she followed her true passion and later on became a great and known successful artist. Dr. LaBuz spoke greatly about these students and their stories about fulfilling what they really desired for because Dr. LaBuz believes we are capable of achieving our greatest goals in life as long as we start believing in ourselves. From my perspective I think it was amazing to hear all these wonderful stories about students following their true passion and therefore becoming great achievers. I personally believe a person can achieve great success if they put in their true desire to work. As an honor student I know that my work has greatly become possible because of my desire in pursuing what I truly love. This year I will also extend my passion into helping others by working closely with my fellow PTK members. I also believe that my fellow PTK members should join in as well if they haven't done so. There is much more we can all gain from being an active member. Just as I had this experience so can you!

“Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in” - Leonardo da Vinci

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morality?

Art and Propaganda

How has technology affected conversation arts, journaling, and formal letter writing and why does it matter?