A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE

by Paula Castaneda

One of the amazing opportunities that you get when you are an officer of Phi Theta Kappa is leading a workshop. You are there in front of the room and you are in charge of what you do during one hour with the members that come to the workshop. You cannot imagine how happy you feel when you see that the people seated in front of you enjoy what you planned and the workshop is a total success. 

On December 2015, I lead the fellowship workshop as one of my duties for being the treasurer of the Alpha Theta Phi chapter. The participation of each one of the members was amazing. We started playing a game to get to know each other followed by a couple of ice breakers to build confidence in ourselves and our peers. In the last game, charades, we acted out things and the audience had to guess what the person in the front was acting. Since everyone was involved, we laughed and entertained ourselves because we had to act out funny phrases and ideas.

The main objective of this workshop was to have fun and to make new friends. I was very happy to see that I accomplished my objective. I also gained confidence to stand up and talk in front of people. I improved my leadership skills and communication skills because I had to explain how to play each one of the games in a very clear way. I also practiced time management since I had five games to play in just one hour so I had to split my time correctly in order to get to play every game. 


This experience will stay in my memory as one of the best ones. Being a Phi Theta Kappa officer has brought a lot of happiness, pride and satisfaction to my life. Coming from a country where you don't get any recognition for being a good student, I would advise every responsible and dedicated person to run as a PTK officer. It's amazing!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morality?

Art and Propaganda

How has technology affected conversation arts, journaling, and formal letter writing and why does it matter?