Make the Best Out Of Yourself at PTK

By Osvaldo Reyes

College is where a young adult becomes a leader within themselves and a contributor to the world. Some say that college is a waste of time and money, where you pay for your education and end up unemployed. But college is way more than just the idea of money and time commitment, college is where one’s career and adulthood really starts. One way of becoming successful is by being a part of an honors society. More specifically the Phi Theta Kappa honors society.

This is my first year in college and I plan on making the best out of it. You know what they say “Better now than later,” so I was determined to get a GPA above a 3.5 and maintain it. So far everything is going well with a 3.6 GPA I got an invitation to be a part of PTK. At the time I opened the invitation email I had a foreshadow where I saw myself as a top employee at one of the top mechanical companies out in the job market. I knew what I had to do and I was more than ready to get started on my application.

Phi Theta Kappa is an organization where the four objectives are focused on scholarships, leadership, fellowship, and community service. As stated on their website “The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunities for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.”

As a member of PTK you are encouraged to lead others as they also lead you in the right path. In the long run you will either say to yourself “Hard work does pay off” or “If only I didn’t slack back in college, I could have been living my dream.” Whether you make the best out of your membership or not it’s up to you but always remember who you are and what your purpose in life is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morality?

Art and Propaganda

How has technology affected conversation arts, journaling, and formal letter writing and why does it matter?