Transforms Dreams into Visions and leads to Success

by Vanshika Sharma
"And, when you want something,
The entire Universe Conspires in
Helping you to achieve it.”
Paulo Coelho (The Alchemist)
I wanted to start my blog with this wonderful quote of Mr. Coelho. This is not merely some ordinary phrase from the book “The Alchemist” but the truth of life. After finding an invitation from Phi Theta Kappa in my email, I felt the same that universe is conspiring in helping me to achieve my goal to be an attorney. From childhood, I was a dreamer, but was unaware of the process to transform my dreams into my reality. I even did not know about the fact that in between a dream and reality there is a one more step called Vision.

As I grew older, my dreams were also growing along with me. I am a girl who belongs to Indian Ethnicity and I was educated in my home country. I came to LaGuardia one year back. I always wanted to be a Lawyer because Law keeps on pulling me towards its and I fell in love with my future profession. So, I started pursuing my AAS in Paralegal Studies. One day, I found out about the PTK (Honors Society) and from that day on, I decided to be a part of PTK. PTK is my platform to transform my dreams into visions and my visions will become possible because PTK will support me financially with its tremendous scholarships.

PTK has so many scholarships and gives us incentives to keep us active in volunteering and ultimately it will look good on resume which is going to benefit us in the future. PTK not only provides this but may take us to the valuable conferences which will enhance our knowledge and for the nerds like me; this is a ‘cherry on the cake’. Law schools these days not only demands money but also recommendations, volunteering for some events and participation in the research projects too. PTK has so many opportunities for the fulfillment of those demands and requirements.

At the end, I want to say that my visions are clear and I am seeing myself to be in a right place in order to be successful. My journey for PTK is just beginning and it has already made me a blogger and I am waiting for more magic. I want to conclude my blog with the verses of famous poem “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” by Robert Frost:

"The Woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morality?

Art and Propaganda

How has technology affected conversation arts, journaling, and formal letter writing and why does it matter?