A Phi Theta Kappa Benefit

by Kayode Oseni

One of the presumptive thrills of a Phi Theta Kappa (“PTK”) membership is the ability to meet other students that possess the same degree of seriousness about their academic matters and career possibilities. As the result of self-determination, I intend on meeting the friendly challenges of my PTK family; for instance, maintaining my grade point average and performing noteworthy actions beyond the parameters of what are expected. As foreseen, I look forward to the multiple gatherings of our several chapters to discuss PTK matters, which in turn imbues a universal sense of fraternity in all of us. I’m sure that at meetings, I will develop a deep understanding as to why my brothers and sisters strive academically, and how their stories can inspire a student like me to continue upon my path with consistency.

Our interaction within PTK is a sure preparation to reach expected goals. The act of conversing with fellow members can result in networking, where one brother, or sister, knows someone that is looking for an employee or business partner with similar experience that I bear. Additionally, there are instances where that particular brother, or sister, whom I shared an enjoyable conversation with weeks or months ago, eventually becomes that business partner that I needed because we were both mentally in sync.

PTK also functions as a litmus test for future participation in professional associations. It is apparent that prominent organizations, such as the American Bar Association and American Medical Association, look to their members to be practical, driven and ethical, thus making them equal proponents of wisdom, aspiration, and purity. The guidance that I would receive from the PTK constitution, relevant bylaws, meetings, and extra material will definitely sharpen my level of receptiveness for future commitments to other groups that are conducive to my career choice and personal interests.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morality?

Art and Propaganda

How has technology affected conversation arts, journaling, and formal letter writing and why does it matter?