PTK: A Golden Opportunity

by Rupak Kadel

I have always been looking for volunteer and leadership opportunities to prepare myself for the competitive future. After completing my education at LaGuardia Community College, I want to transfer to one of the renowned universities in the USA where I can finish my undergraduate degree comfortably. I was excited to learn that joining Phi Theta Kappa opens the door to all those opportunities that the students need to achieve success in life.

To be fair, I was never active in social activities from my childhood. I was unaware of the importance of the involvement in extracurricular activities. PTK provides opportunities to students to develop leadership qualities, and it organizes different events where members can volunteer. It helps to prepare us to transform into a better and professional person. Moreover, the members are offered various kinds of transfer scholarships which helps us to minimize the cost of attendance of the 4-year college. I have always focused on my education. So, I can say that my strongest point is education. I have a desire to work as a software engineer in one of the renowned technological companies. Since my childhood, I’ve been attracted by different types games and software. I have a desire to master the field of computer science. So far, I have not taken many computer courses except C++ programming. I am taking the science and the math courses that are required for the completion of Computer Science degree. When I researched PTK after coming to LaGCC in March, I thought joining PTK would definitely help to achieve my goal. I want to get involved in different events and gain experience which can be helpful to build my career. The most selective universities also look for the students who involve in volunteering and extracurricular activities. So, the opportunities that PTK provides will ultimately bring closer to my goal.

Finally, the benefits like leadership opportunities, volunteering and transfer scholarships that the PTK provides will help the students like us to prepare for the future. I am extremely pleased to get invitation from one of the most prestigious honor society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morality?

Art and Propaganda

How has technology affected conversation arts, journaling, and formal letter writing and why does it matter?