Daveed Diggs: Tony and Grammy award winner


By Kedar Babu Shrestha

Since 1918, the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society has successfully honored the two years’ community college scholars by recognizing their academic achievements and helping to foster them as scholars. This year PTK is celebrating its 100th anniversary at Kansas City, Missouri. Thousands of community college scholars will be attending Catalyst to network with other PTK numbers from around the country. I feel honored to be part of this PTK Catalyst convention. There will be a number of guest speakers like Susan Cain, Amy Cuddy, Daveed Diggs, Amanda Karpinski, and Chris Riddell. Usually, speakers give motivational speeches and share their successful journey stories. I know everyone is incredible, but I am so excited to listen to Daveed Diggs in this event because I have been a fan of him since 2015 when he performed in Hamilton created by Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Days are passing, and many of our members are very excited to be at the event. Everyone is waiting to hear from David Diggs. He is a talented actor, singer, and rapper and I believe that his presence, motivational stories, leadership skills and tricks towards his successful career will inspire numbers of students and advisors at the convention. I started following him since he played the dual roles of the Marquis de Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson in the mega-hit Hamilton and I was not surprised when he won a Tony and Grammy award for his role in the 2015 musical Hamilton because his joyful nature always makes him one of the talented performer in the world. Today he is equally famous for theatre, music, and television and he is changing the future of entertainment industry. His presence at Phi Theta Kappa International Society’s International Convention will definitely make an impact on the convention because people can learn different perspectives regarding different fields of his work and they also can understand the professional world or the real world of work through him. I also believe that his motivational speech is relevant to his current learning experiences and his examples will impact many students in the convention to drive them professionally and academically.

After the convention, I am hoping that I can connect to David Diggs and his works and learn different skills that he implies in his work which can help me to build a relationship with thousands of other members. I also can learn different new ideas, inspiration, and sense of motivation through him to boost my career and develop myself as a scholar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morality?

Art and Propaganda

How has technology affected conversation arts, journaling, and formal letter writing and why does it matter?