BREAK THE BOX

By Shristee Poudel

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating the progress, giving birth to evolution. ” - Albert Einstein

I first heard and knew about PTK (Phi Theta Kappa) at the orientation of spring 2017. I was a transferred student and was willing to make most of my college experience. I learned about PTK and about its importance through the PTK officers. PTK is a platform where not only academic achievement is acknowledged but also polished. As the quote of sir Einstein states, it is always important to break the box of limitation in order to stand out in the crowd. I believe PTK encourages student to excel in academics and boost their confidence to create a future leader in a student. It is the place where members are family, you can open up your nervousness and they will teach to gain confidence on yourself. It is place where you will recognize your skills and learn to advance it.

Once my dad asked me about my dream, and I answered “I don’t know”. I remember being in fifth grade and I honestly was unaware about my skills, potential, passion and dream. Growing up my aim was fluctuating from pilot to singer to entrepreneur. Now, I am doing associate in computer science and have planned to finish my master on cyber security. I want to be a cyber-security analyst and help people feel safe in this modern age of technology. I come from small village named “sitapur” in country Nepal, where higher education for girl is still a dream. I am grateful to my parents for going beyond their economic ability and moving to the capital city for my higher education. I was able to dream bigger because they let me. I know in the near future I have to prove my ability to people who don’t know me. Here in PTK, I can explore all the academic resources, with the help of advisors and officers I can create a better result. So, I know PTK will help me overcome my self-confidence issue and turn me from a student to a leader.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morality?

Art and Propaganda

How has technology affected conversation arts, journaling, and formal letter writing and why does it matter?